- This event has passed.
Corporate Fast and Prayer Guidelines
2020 New Year’s Consecration
Joel 2: 15-19
21 DAY CORPORATE FAST
(January 5 – 26, 2020)
BEFORE THE FAST (BODY & SPIRIT)
Physical & Basic Preparation: (Consult your physician. Use wisdom)
- Begin to reduce your food portions prior to the fast.
- Flush the body by drinking plenty of water.
- Begin to eliminate caffeinated and sweet beverages.
- Be strategic. Plan your meal ahead of time. Preparation is Key.
- Before the fast, remove temptations (snacks, candy, sodas, etc.) that will distract
you during the fast. Begin limiting fast foods.
- Read and meditate on Psalm 51 daily.
- Reduce distractions and designate your quiet time and place to be with the Lord.
- Schedule time for reading the word each day.
SUGGESTIONS DURING THE FAST
- Get A Journal of Renewed Strength:
Get a journal/notebook. Write down what your prayer requests & answers. Journal
what the Lord says to you. (Psalm 77:11-12, Deu. 17:18, Deu. 6:4-7, 2Timothy 1:5). THIS
IS THE YEAR OF ANSWERED PRAYERS!!!
- Be Accountable:
Pair with a person or persons. Pray, share, and commit to the Fast with each other.
(Matthew 18:20, Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, Psalm 133:1-3)
- Pray in Silence & Solitude
Spend some time in silence and solitude (noise-free) to allow God to speak to you. It is
important to limit social networking, texting, tweeting, and unnecessary cell phone use.
Also limit secular television/radio.
(Matthew 4:1, Matthew 14:23, Mark 1:35, Luke 4:42, Psalm 46:10)
- Eliminate sugar, sweets, caffeine, and snack foods (candy, cake,
chips, coffee, soda, etc.)
- Eliminate or Limit bread, pasta and rice.
- Eliminate or Limit meat intake to 1 serving of chicken, turkey or fish
- Eat fruit and vegetables during the Fast.
- Drink plenty of water and 100% juice
HERE IS A LIST OF FOOD ITEMS THAT CAN BE INCLUDED IN THIS FAST.
- All fruits. These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned. Fruits include but
are not limited to apples, apricots, bananas, blackberries, blueberries,
boysenberries, cantaloupe, cherries, cranberries, figs, grapefruit, grapes, guava,
honeydew melon, kiwi, lemons, limes, mangoes, nectarines, oranges, papayas,
peaches, pears, pineapples, plums, prunes, raisins, raspberries, strawberries,
tangelos, tangerines, watermelon
• All vegetables. These can be fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned. Vegetables
include but are not limited to artichokes, asparagus, beets, broccoli, Brussels
sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chili peppers, collard greens, corn,
cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, ginger root, kale, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms,
mustard greens, okra, onions, parsley, potatoes, radishes, rutabagas, scallions,
spinach, sprouts, squashes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, turnips, watercress, yams,
zucchini, veggie burgers are an option if you are not allergic to soy.
• All whole grains, including but not limited to whole wheat, brown rice, millet,
quinoa, oats, barley, grits, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat tortillas, rice cakes
• All nuts and seeds, including but not limited to sunflower seeds, cashews,
peanuts, sesame. Also nut butters including peanut butter.
• All legumes. These can be canned or dried. Legumes include but are not limited
to dried beans, pinto beans, split peas, lentils, black eyed peas, kidney beans,
black beans, cannellini beans, white beans.
• All quality oils including but not limited to olive, canola, grape seed, peanut,
• Beverages: spring water, distilled water or other pure waters. Soy milk, almond
SUGGESTIONS AFTER THE FAST
- Gradually return to your regular diet. Be careful. Continue to drink plenty of
water and eat healthy.
Scriptures for Prayer & Meditation
- 1 Peter 4:7-10
- Acts 4:32-33
- Joel 2:15-17
- Psalm 51
- Psalm 27:14
- Philippians 4:13
- Daniel 10:2, 3
- Phil 4:19
- Isa. 60:1-3
- Isa. 61:1-4
- Psalm 91
- Proverbs 3: 1-8
- Matthew 6:25-34
- Psalms 27:11
- Prov. 3:5-6
- Psa. 25:4-5
- Psa. 37:23
- John 16:13
- Psalm 23:3
- Psalm 31:3
- Peter 4:8-10
- Psalm 139
- 1 John 8-9
- Matthew 6:12
- Isaiah 58:6
- Jeremiah 33:6
- Jeremiah 17:14
- Isaiah 53:5
- Isaiah 57:19
- Exodus 15:26
- Rev. 21:4
Corporate Prayer Points
- God’s will and plan for our church and for our individual lives.
- Obedience and submission to the will of God.
- Discernment and Wisdom in all things.
- Financial breakthroughs (new jobs, raises, bonuses and business opportunities)
- Divine Favor
- Divine Protection for our families, the church, missionaries, pastors and leaders
- Spiritual Knowledge and Maturity
- Salvation for family, friends, co-workers and the community.
- Reclamation of people and souls into the kingdom of God.
- Reclamation of relationships in the church and the community.
- Increased passion for the house of God.
- Increased passion for prayer and worship.
- Increased passion for service in the church and the community.
- Increased participation in tithing and giving.
- Increased participation in church attendance.
- Increased influence with government officials, law makers and judicial systems.
- Increased influence in arts, media and entertainment.
- Increased influence in education systems.
- Increased influence in financial and banking systems.